Thursday, May 28, 2009

Progress Update


Last night, I got over to Lance's (Kragenbrinkguitars.com) and the top sides of my Honduran LKE2 and my cocobolo WLG bowl sanded. They are looking pretty good. Now I just need to clean them up, put in the soundports, and attach the backs...

I also have been making some progress on a flamed walnut/ zebrawood top single cut 4 string as well. I have completed the neck prep, and routed the appropriate tenon pocket in the back...Now I need to route a matching pocket in the top, to create the sandwich neck joint that allows me to create my blended neck/ body carve.

And as a final heads up, I had to throw down a picture of Jake Rye's singlecut. This guitar and I are fighting right now - over carving...Being that it is spalted maple, I have to fill the wood with epoxy, carve until the wood is bare again, fill with epoxy again and so on...the bare spalted maple does not cut evenly because of all the varying densities in the wood...Looks hot though...

No comments:

Post a Comment