Monday, June 22, 2009

Zebrawood SingleCut Getting Close

I need to finish fretting, and get everything installed. Then give it a final setup. Then she will be ready to go out the door. This will either be going to a friend, or a store in Cleveland, OH called the Music CoOp...A pretty cool place owned by an even cooler dude.

I did an interview with the local paper this past week. Aside from sounding like a floozy with my talk of "the tactile sensation of engaging with wood during the build process" I think it went pretty well... But seriously, this is my expression. It is hard to explain to people what is like to open up a set of wood and just see it s potential - wherin the build process all you are trying to do is realize the full potential of that wood. I know that I am not where I want to be yet, because I still see so many areas in which I fall short is advancing the rough materials to what they are truly capable of being. Each guitar gets closer to my goals. Each guitar gets my hands during the whole process - hands just as easily capable of completing something amazing as introducing flaws that were otherwise not there. A bit of a life lesson.

Grace and Peace,
Stephen


No comments:

Post a Comment