Monday, February 6, 2012

Just whats been going on?

Is a good question to ask.  New orders have maintained their growth rate, which is really cool.  A couple more per month, and I might be able to do this full time.  I started cleaning out a new section of the basement will be setup to be more tightly climate controlled, and used for guitar setup, repair, voicing, etc...all of the delicate work.  That is exciting.

I have a number of guitars that have moved forward this week, and I did successfully drop off Feldman, Huff, and Pelham to be finished.  Here are a couple of progress pics..
 This a shot of my new comp guitar...It is going to be totally cool.  I have a show coming in the summer, and I plan on taking this to it.


  The above three shots are Huff's hollowbody with the red/brown prestain.  This will help pop the figure during finish, and will help secure the moody visuals that Seth is looking for.



 The above 4 shots are of Feldman's OM.  I set the bridge, stained the neck and got this baby ready to go.
 This is a shot of putting the center support strip in Corey's GA.
  The same in Steve's GA.
 A finished shot.
 And another.

 Well, these two shots represent a umph....moment.  After I got Jakes GA all ready to go to finish, it just felt heavy and thick.  So I removed the neck, and removed the back.  Now I can remake a new back and resecure and bind it, AFTER I thin the profile of this guitar up a bit.  The cool thing is, I have never seen one of my guitars in this state, because I glue the top on last.  So I was able to voice the top a little more, now that it is attached to the sides...VERY COOL.  
 This is a shot of installing the back strip in Adam's EIR GA.

 The above two shots show why guitar building sometimes takes so long...I spend a great deal of time ensure that the box is as clean as I can make it.  So I scrape all glue, remove all scratches, and otherwise try to ensure that the box is immaculate.  You can see the before and after shots of such a process.
And here are the collection of sides that I bent this weekend.  The bender was busy for sure...

Thanks!
Stephen

1 comment: