Friday, March 2, 2012

Joining the Back to the Sides and Brace Tucking

Alright, so as some of you know, I built Jake's GA, then felt as though it was too thick, so I took off the back, re-profiled the sides, made a new back, installed new kerfed lining, and now I am here.   So I took the time to show you exactly how I install a back and tuck my braces.

First, I clamp the back to the guitar in place, and mark on each side where the braces hit the sides.  Using a straight edge, I connect those lines and then use a hobby saw to cut the edges to the depth of the brace I will be tucking. 


Then I use a dremel with a router base attachment and a 0.062 endmill to remove the material out to my hard cut lines.

 Then I test fit.  If all is good, I go to the gobar deck for gluiing.
 Here she is in the gobar deck getting glued...
 Out...
Then I use a laminate trimmer to bring the back down to the side plane for binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment