Monday, September 5, 2011

Feldman OM Progress

Well,  amidst getting my daughters new room completed in preparation for our new baby (who should be here in less than two weeks!) I was able to get a good deal done on a very patient friend's guitar.  This will be my first OM, and it will feature flamed Koa B&S, and a port orford cedar top (also a first)).  The binding package is currently slated to be flamed honduran mahogany, flamed new guinea rosewood, or similar.  At one point, we had decided on bloodwood for the binding package, which is still seen in the back strip.  I will be removing this soon.  I will be voicing the top this week, and should be moving on to closing the box, doing the binding, and getting the neck done!

We still need to decide on the soundport design.  But with any luck, we can keep this thing moving.

Thanks for looking! 
Stephen






No comments:

Post a Comment