Wednesday, January 25, 2012

General Update

Well, as some of you know, things have been exceedingly busy at my place in the past several months.  My wife and I had a new baby, I have been working on remodeling some rooms, been exceedingly busy during my engineering day job, and on top of that, I have 9 new guitar orders,with new orders coming in at a rate of several per month.  That being said, I am trying to stay more disciplined, and have to stay more structured.  To date, I built what was 'inspiring' to me when I walked down into my shop.  With so many orders, that is simply not fair to many of you who have supported what I do for so long.  So, I have developed a scheduling system that I will attempt to hold myself to.  In the down time on my focus guitars, I do however, have time to get things started on the new orders.

I also have 3 'students' who are building with me.  This sort of frantic timing now is the only way I am going to be able to do this for the rest of my life, which is my goal.  So please hang in there with me.

The Feldman OM, Rye GA, Huff Hollowbody, and Pelham Singlecut will be going to finish inside of two weeks, which is VERY EXCITING.  At that point, 'all' (and I use that term slightly sarcastically) I need to do is setup.  After those guitars are delivered, I will jump headlong into finally finishing the Rye ALS, and then move into the new orders more aggressively.
Here is a batch of new orders, 5 new acoustic backs that are all joined and braced.  I need only carve the braces and install the joint liner.

Here I am gluing the liner into Corey's GA.  His back is ready, and as soon as I install the soundport, I will be able to join the sides to the back.

 This is the Rye GA, a beautiful guitar.  We made some choices - elimination of the soundport, increased box volume, etc... to make this guitar ideal for a big, full, dynamic recording guitar.  Jake is incredible, and runs a great studio that can be seen at http://www.sonusclarusmg.com/.  Check it out.
 This is a shot of the Feldman fretboard.  You may not be able to see, but this is my FIRST SEMI-HEMISPHERICAL Fretting job.  It was a learning process, and something I balked at for too long.  But now, I love it, and almost want to do it on all of my guitars...It eliminates so much post setup fretwork.  Each fret end .030 before the edge of the fretboard, and are filed to be little hemispheres...comfortable.
 Here I am gluing the fretboard down.
 Clamping the fretboard
 The new baby Leighton chilling with the Feldman box.
 Here I am gluing on Jake's neck to his body.
 I am doing final neck fitting here on the Feldman OM
 This is Jake's neck to body connection.
 This is the final carve on the ALS Hollobody.  This is going to be a really cool guitar!
And a final shot of the hollowbody.

No comments:

Post a Comment