Saturday, October 22, 2011

General Update

Well,  here are a bunch of pictures of what I have been up to in the past couple of days.  The first is a shot of the roughed in body of the new ALS Hollowbody for Seth.  It is coming along nicely.  Not much more work can happen on the body until I finish and set the neck.  Then it is about sanding and incorporating my classic heel-less neck joint.
Now, Corey's inlay...I finished cutting all of the pieces late Friday night, and got them glued in place...the ugly duckling stage.

The ugly duckling stage of Stephen's ebony fretboard inlaid with a custom red-heart abalone design.

Re-cutting fret slots through the inlay....gritting my teeth, praying I do not blow through the pearl...

 Fret slots cut and ready to go...
 Stephen's ebony board mostly sanded....almost clear of the ugly duckling stage
 And Corey's inlay....the picture does not do it justice

 And finally a couple of pictures of how I do my FB purfling.  PITA.  I use a dremel router drill press with a custom jig to route a 0.032" line, the fill it with fishpaper veneer and CA it in place.


1 comment: